With the onset of winter the flu, swine flu and colds concerns everyone. Prevention to avoid getting sick is always choice number one. Below are suggestions to avoid getting sick so you can enjoy the holidays and your winter sports.
- Get your seasonal flu shot.
- Do not share drinking glasses and eating utensils.
- Wash your hands often.
- In public spaces door handles are a way to spread germs. When leaving a public bathroom if you have to pull the door open, use your paper towel which you dried your hands with to open the door then dispose of the paper towel.
- At the grocery store or casino, use your wipes to clean “touch” areas like grocery cart handles.
- Have your children wash their hands as soon as they come home from school.
- At the office, use a cleaning company that disinfects telephones, door handles and other common touch areas.
- At the office avoid shared phones and computer mice and carry disinfecting wipes with you if you need to use one.
- Use a disinfectant safe for electronics to clean your keyboard! Keyboards are 400 times more contaminated than a toilet seat. Toilet seats in most offices are cleaned & disinfected daily. When is the last time you cleaned and disinfected your keyboard?
- Wear gloves when pumping gas and going in and out of stores.
- Carry hand sanitizer with you in your car or in your purse. Ladies, sanitize your purse if you sit it down.
- If you have a sick family member, ask them to sneeze into their sleeve and not their hand if they are not carrying Kleenex.
- Last but not least help your body fight cold and flu by drinking plenty of fluids and getting adequate sleep.
Enjoy the winter and stay safe!
Cindy C. Locklin CPA,MSA
President & CEO
Busy Bea’s Services, Inc.