As a benefit of your Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council (MMSDC) membership, a webinar training in sustainable business practices will be offered on March 19, 2019, at 1 pm EST. DTE Energy is sponsoring the training, as they recognize the value of sustainability in their operations and request that suppliers model similar practices.
Sustainability is one of the criteria considered when evaluating proposals; the intent is this training will help you prepare for interactions with all your customers.
Tony Tomczak, VP & CPO of DTE Energy and current MMSDC Board Chair, and Michelle Sourie Robinson, President & CEO of MMSDC, will begin with an overview of the benefits of sustainable business practices and MMSDC membership. Training will be conducted by Energy Sciences.
After attending this training, your business will be prepared to:
- Implement sustainable practices to reduce your business’s carbon footprint, operate more efficiently, and reduce operating costs
- Respond appropriately to sustainability performance requirements during the proposal process
- Attract more business opportunities and gain a competitive advantage due to your awareness of sustainability practices
Key takeaways following the training:
- Awareness of sustainability practices
- Tools to assess the current state of your business and sustainability practices
- Awareness of your customers’ expectations for support of sustainability
Kendal Kuneman is an Energy & Sustainability Consultant at Energy Sciences, an energy consulting services company that offers comprehensive energy management and sustainability improvement services. She brings more than 10 years of experience and a deep commitment to issues related to energy, environment, and sustainability. Prior to Energy Sciences, Kendal was part of the team developing the City of Detroit’s Office of Sustainability. She has a range of job experience with sustainability initiatives at prior workplaces in the private sector, utility rebate programs, municipal government, K-12 schools, and environmental non-profits.