Location: MUSKEGON INNOVATION HUB
Facebook Micro Credential Workshop
hosted at the Muskegon Innovation Hub
Tuesday, August 14th, August 28th, September 11th, September 18th, and October 2nd
2:00pm – 5:00pm
GROW is thrilled to partner with Grand Circus and Facebook to offer this 5-week Micro Credential Workshop in Digital Marketing.
Prerequisite: Intro to GROW
Throughout these workshops, students will learn the basics of social media marketing using Facebook and Instagram and have the opportunity to earn four micro-credentials (digital badges) that demonstrate the skills they have learned. Workshops are designed to be short, hands-on, and practical.
Over five weeks, students will develop a Facebook Page and Instagram Account for a local community organization or business of their choice, and practice those skills using the page to create awareness, drive traffic, and/or attract customers, and create ad campaigns in support of that page.
The workshop is broken down into four modules that take students through the skills they will need to do basic social media marketing for an organization or business. After each module, students can earn a micro-credential.
Those four modules are:
- Social Media Marketing Basics
- Marketing with Facebook Pages
- Marketing with FacebookAds
- Marketing with Instagram
Time commitment: 5 weeks / 1x a week / 3 hours per session
- Tuesday, August 14th 2-5pm
- Tuesday, August 28th 2-5pm
- Tuesday, September 11th 2-5pm
- Tuesday, September 18th 2-5pm
- Tuesday, October 2nd 2-5pm
- Registration through this event is your ticket to all 5-weeks of the series.
- You must attend all 5 sessions to receive the credentials
- You will need to bring a laptop or tablet to participate in the class