Location: MUSKEGON INNOVATION HUB
This event is powered by:
Prerequisite: Intro to GROW
Planning for a Healthy Business is a highly interactive learning experience that encourages participants to focus on planning as an essential competency of business ownership. No matter where you are in the development of your business, this class encourages you to ask and answer key questions that help ensure you create and manage a healthy business that is successful in a long-term basis.
After completing this class, the participants will be able to:
- Explain how an evolving planning process can help them make key decisions as business owners
- Describe how to convert a vague idea into a resource plan
- Explain the importance of a healthy personal credit score and healthy relationships with lenders
- Describe how a business plan helps motivate stakeholders to understand and support their business ideas
- Explain the benefits of creating a day-to-day action plan for running a small business
Please note that seating is limited and we cannot accommodate walk-ins.
Meet Your Facilitator: Mary C. Hartfield, Business Development Officer at GROW
Mary oversees one-on-one counseling to women-owned businesses in West Michigan.
Mary has an extensive background in community involvement, entrepreneurship, strategic planning, and leadership training. Prior to joining GROW, Mary served as director of community and corporate collaborations for a local non-profit. Her expertise in business development is complemented by her own experience as an entrepreneur. She is an experienced professional with over 35 years of work in banking, finance, non-profit administration, and community and economic development.
Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women (GROW)