Facebook Micro Credential Workshop
GROW is thrilled to partner with Grand Circus and Facebook to offer this 5-week Micro Credential Workshop in Digital Marketing!
Prerequisite: Intro to GROW
This workshop is free for everyone and open to the public. If you’re an entrepreneur, young, working or seasoned professional, college student or just curious about digital marketing, Facebook and Instagram; come join us!
In the workshop, students will learn the basics of social media marketing using Facebook and Instagram and have the opportunity to earn four micro-credentials (digital badges) that demonstrate the skills they have learned. Workshops are designed to be short, hands-on, and practical.
Over five weeks, students will develop a Facebook Page and Instagram for a local community organization or business of their choice, use that page to create awareness, drive traffic, and/or attract customers, and create ad campaigns in support of that page.
The workshop is broken down into four modules that take students through the skills they will need to do basic social media marketing for an organization or business. After each module, students can earn a micro-credential.
The four modules are:
- Social Media Marketing Basics
- Marketing with Facebook Pages
- Marketing with FacebookAds
- Marketing with Instagram
Time commitment: 5 weeks / 1x a week / 3 hours per session
- Wednesday, February 28th 9am-12pm
- Wednesday, March 7th 9am-12pm
- Wednesday, March 14th 9am-12pm
- Wednesday, March 21st 9am-12pm
- Wednesday, March 28th 9am-12pm
- Registration under this event is your ticket to all 5-weeks of the series.
- You must attend all 5 sessions to receive the credentials
- Please bring your laptop or iPad for this hands-on class (if you do not have one, please let us know in advance so that we can make the needed arrangements)
- GROW is located in the YWCA building
- Free parking is available in the YWCA lot behind the building at the corner of Weston and Division.
Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women (GROW)