When starting or growing your business online you want to make sure you know the legal (issues) that may affect your business. This session is designed to teach the business owner about doing business online, plus tips about trademark, trade name, and copyright protection.
During this session you will:
- Learn what is copyright protection and how you get it.
- What protection does tradename or trademark registration give you?
- Websites and domain names.
- Data breaches and how to deal with them.
- Infringement and how to market and advertise your business without breaking the protection of others.
- Privacy policies.
After attending this session, you will be able to:
- Understand how trademark, tradename, and servicemark protection works and when you might want it.
- Search and obtain a domain name that your business can use.
- Understand data breaches and how to protect website content.
- Understanding protected images and intellectual property of others and how to avoid infringement thereof.
We know how important these legal pieces are for the success of your business, but we also understand that they can be intimidated. This is why we are bringing in the experts on these topics to help set your business up for success!
Seating is limited, please register in advance. Registration is nonrefundable.
Free parking will be available in the YWCA parking lot behind the building at the corner of Weston & Division (entrance on Weston).
Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women (GROW)